Thursday, January 17, 2008

My Son the Firehose

Within a 30 minute span yesterday, my son managed to pee on his changing table, his clothes, his mother, his father, his own face, an "on-deck" diaper, the washer and dryer, the bathroom floor, and into our closet. As you can tell, I'm very impressed with my son's... um... talent. I am learning though. Just today he went in for his 2 week checkup at the Dr's. The nurse had me strip him down to his diaper and put him on the scale. Then she instructs me to remove his diaper so she can weigh him. I noticed that she was in "the kill zone" so I suggested that she might want to take a step or two to my left. Five seconds later "the kill zone", the scale, and my hands were drenched. The nurse was quite impressed and thankful for my in depth knowledge of Nathan's... um... range. He even managed to get himself in the face again too. Serves him right. He is up to 8lb 4oz due to his voracious appetite. That doesn't sound like much, but he's increased his body weight by almost 12% since leaving the hospital. That's good because he needs to fill in all the loose skin he's got hanging everywhere. Thankfully he hasn't grown any taller yet. The doc says he's doing really good so everything seems rosy for him right now. Everything except for the fact that his father is poised with camera at the ready for any opportunity to embarrass him in his teens.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Nate in the swing:
Weee! Er...I mean Whee!

nursemd said...

I better see the bib I gave him on this blog soon!!!