Monday, January 7, 2008

My Son the Boxer

Well it's only taken 4 days, and I've discovered what line of work my darling son will enter into. Apparently, he's looking into becoming a boxer. Ever since he was born, he's always had his mitts up on either side of his face and I snapped this shot of him doing it today in his swing...I did not pose him like this. He does this on his own. Check out his pictures in my January 5 post. He's kinda doing it in some of those too. I think he's defending against a right hook or something. I need to talk to him about getting them up just a bit higher for proper technique. Not only does he practice his defense like this, he also works on his punches. He likes to throw punches in his sleep, which doesn't surprise me much after all the grief he caused his mother before he was born. He was notorious for using her bladder for a punching bag. Then this evening, he got his first sparring practice. He was asleep on the couch next to his mother who was on the phone. As usual, his mitts were up. I leaned over the cute little guy and nuzzled his left hand gently with my nose. WHAM! He laid into his old man with a solid uppercut right on the old sniffer. I fell over backwards on the couch, partly from the force and pinpoint accuracy of this surgical strike and partly from sheer disbelief and shock. It almost hurt a little. Liv and I were immediately rolling with laughter, but Nate stayed asleep dreaming about his big title fight at Ceasar's Palace in 2030.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

Verrry good, Nathan-san. But karate for defense only.

Unknown said...

[wave hand]
Diaper on...
[wave hand]
Diaper off...
[wave hand]
Diaper on...
[wave hand]
Diaper off...

dudley87 said...

I was thinking basketball at first, but boxing is cool too. Can we get a flatscreen in his room with a continuous Jean-Claude Van Damme movie loop?

Shauna said...

No nephew of mine will ever emulate that poncy Belgian wanker! (But yeah...the flatscreen might be cool. We'll push that idea throughout his childhood, thus making Dad seem like King Meanie.)