Thursday, February 7, 2008

When Opportunity Knocks...

Two days ago I wasn't looking to buy a new TV. I had come to the conclusion that I would be stuck with my little 27" until Nathan was out of college and I was cool with that. Then I get a call from Jonesy at work. The guy he is working for is looking to buy a flat screen and needs to get rid of his old TV. I was intrigued at first, but didn't expect anything to come of it. Well, here's a picture of my living room taken this evening... It was just too good to pass up! It's a 53" widescreen Panasonic rear projection HDTV. The guy spent $1800 on it 4 years ago, and I got it for $300. It's SWEET! I was worried that it wouldn't fit into our little TV spot, but once we got it in it looked like it was built to fit there. It actually takes up less space than the TV/coffee table combo that it's replacing. It took me a couple hours to wire the DVD and VCR into the fireplace...
Don't freak out, it's a crappy "light bulb" fireplace. This is the most it's been used since I moved in here. I was a little disappointed with the picture quality watching tv, but then I remembered that we haven't forked out for digital cable yet. The analog signal just gets spread out over a larger screen and it's actually a bit more grainy than the old tv. Then we popped in a DVD. WHOA, there's the difference I was looking for! Our living room is now a movie theater! So I guess I got lucky on this one. Opportunity knocked right at tax time when we had a little extra money on the way. I need to send a big thanks to Jonesy for hooking me up with this sweet deal. Hooray for me!

No comments: