Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Big Weekend

Nathan's Aunt Shauna and Uncle Tom made the trip down from Iowa this weekend to see the Teeny Little Super Guy in person. So, we had a busy but fun weekend hanging out with the fam. After 10" of snow overnight Thursday, I decided to stay home Friday. It worked out well, because it took Olivia and I all day to clean the house up for our weekend guests. Friday afternoon we headed north to G&G Dudley's for dinner. We got there early enough to take the 4-wheeler for a spin in the snow. Nathan sat this one out but judging by Olivia's screaming, I think she enjoyed it. While waiting for Shauna and Tom to arrive we took some pictures of Nate in an outfit that was given to him by Olivia's darling aunts Belinda and Glenda. They gave it to us when we went to visit Olivia's family in TN/GA back in August. The hat was the cutest part of the outfit, but I guess Nathan wasn't feeling too cute because he started screaming shortly after we put it on him. He was still cute after we got it off him though.
After his photo shoot, Nate went to hang out with Uncle Logan for a little. I purposely left the red-eye in this picture just fot the sheer creepiness of it...Around 7:30, Aunt Shauna showed up and was instantly upon the lad. It was the first time she'd seen him in person, so it's understandable.
So after all the introductions, we got Nate to nap long enough for the rest of us to eat some dinner. Evidently Nate was dreaming that he was at some sort of political rally or something. Power to the people, Nate...
After dinner, a couple card games, and a heavy dose of smothering for the boy we headed home. Saturday morning, we had some last minute sprucing up to do and then the family all came over to our place. Great-Grandma and Grandad Dudley and aunt-to-be Megan were also in attendance on Saturday. We all just kinda hung around, played some games, ate, and passed the kid around until 5. Then we all went to the Saturday night service at church. While there Shauna got to see one of her high school friends, Kathleen, and her adorable 15 month old boy. I feel bad because I didn't catch his name. Anyway, after church it was back to our place for more food, games, and deep intellectual conversation with a 1 month old...
So it was a busy weekend, but we really enjoyed it. Now all that's left is the superbowl this evening (yawn). My only hope is that Tom Brady gets that pretty little butt crack on his chin planted in the turf by some large, angry defensive linemen. I loathe the Patriots and only dislike the Giants, so I guess I'm rooting for New York. Actually, I'm probably just going to be rooting for the commercials.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, we got a shout out at Kermitt the Blog! Awesome. Noah is not concerned that you call him by name, just that you call him for dinner. (He's such a man that way.) It was a pleasure to see you, meet your beautiful wife, and of course, your little guy. He is even better in person!

Shauna said...

Nathan and I did indeed have some deep intellectual conversations; tractors, fire trucks, legos, that sort of thing. We have quite the agenda planned for the upcoming years. I invited him to come stay with us in Iowa when he's old enough, and I promised him we'd live up to our Aunt-ly and Uncle-ish duties of teaching him bad words and how to belch his ABCs. I also told him how lucky he is to have a mommy and daddy who love him and cherish him so completely. He's a very lucky kiddo.

Livi said...

To aunt Shauna, I thought he'd get enough from his dad & grandpa Mike Dudley (yes, he has two grandpas named Michael)but I guess we'll just have to make sure he visits you to learn your tricks since I never had the great ability
to do tricks w/ my burps (when I got them)
My dad & brother live too far away or we know they would have all kinds of tricks to teach. Even my aunts would join the fun!