Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Son the Chipmunk

Well, it's been a while since my last post, but we're still here. I guess it was a combination of business and a slow Nathan news week. To all of Nate's loyal followers, I apologize for any withdrawl symptoms you may be suffering. But never fear, we're back with another dose of uber-cuteness for you to feast your eyes upon. Here goes.

It's been 10 days since my last post and Nathan has now passed the 6 week point. Last Wednesday, his mother attended a new mother's support group at the hospital. I'm not sure what exactly goes on there. I think they just pass the babies around and share spanking tips or something. Anyway, they had a scale so Liv put the lad on there and he was up to 10.5 lbs. After doing the math, we figured he's putting on about 1 oz. per day. I think he's putting most of it around his waist and in his face. His torso has assumed the shape of a pear and his cheeks belong to a chipmunk.

Accompanying the weight gain is a noticable increase in power too. He has no trouble holding his head up anymore and it's getting difficult to dress him if he doesn't want to cooperate. He's started to study things as well. He'll lock onto a person or thing and intently study it for some time. It won't be too long before he starts to investigate I think. He's already made a few half-hearted bats at a toy we have suspended in his car seat. We're hoping to see him start punching at it soon.

Thursday we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dudley's for Grandpa Mike's birthday. We forgot the camera so no pictures of that one. Friday while I was doing a lighting job at church, Great Grandma and Grandpa Adamski came over to visit the boy. I don't know much about the visit, but there was a picture on the camera so I thought I'd post it...

That's about all the Nathan news there is to report. His Grandma and Grandpa Dudley are shoving off on their cruise this coming weekend, so I'm sure we will have to get them another Nathan fix before departure. If Liv goes back to her support group this week we'll get an update on his ballooning as well. More to come!

1 comment:

Shauna said...

I'm ASTONISHED at how much he's changed in the last couple weeks. Mom told me, but whoa...