Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Chocolate Bathroom

It's finally here. The new bathroom is finally the chocolate bathroom. The actual color Liv picked out is "cocoa bean", but it's chocolate. Grandpa and I primed it Friday night and I got the first coat done Saturday.

I got the new window installed this week too.

Our tile for the step came in this week as well. This shot shows both of our tiles next to the wall and our trim. The main floor tile is on the right and the step tile is on the left...

We will cut the step down to about 3" strips to line the top and front face of our little step down in the middle of the room. At first I was really disappointed that we had to work around that step, but now I'm thinking it will break the room up a little and give a nice multi level feel that you don't normally associate with bathrooms. We'll see.

I got on my CAD machine at work this week and plotted up the room and tried to find the best way to position our tiles. Here's what I came up with...


I'm hoping to get the floor leveled up and get the cement board down this week. Then I'll probably have a week of tile cutting before I'll be ready to stick any down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a lot of cutting, on the diagonal like that. That's why our bathroom tile is square with the walls :)

Looks good, though.

Shauna said...

Liv, great pick with the paint color...gorgeous!