Sunday, February 8, 2009

My New Favorite Tool

Although it may not look like it, we actually got a lot done with the bathroom this week. Grandpa and Uncle Logan came over Tuesday and we finished hanging drywall about 2 minutes before Nathan's bedtime. I did a little mudding on my own Wed and Thurs, but we finally started mudding in earnest Friday evening when Grandpa came back.
On our 45's we used a tape that was recommended to me called strait-flex. It's kinda like a cloth tape that holds an angle. Ours definitely needs some more mud and serious sanding, but it makes a nice line.
On Saturday, Grandpa and Grandma came back again. Grandma took the boy shopping while Grandpa and I finished the mudding. Up until now, my favorite tool for this project was the sawzall. Now my new favorite tool is the 90 degree inside corner trowel. I am soooo glad we bought one. How else could a lunkhead like me with no mudding experience make perfect corners with one swipe. Man is it sweet. We finished mudding early Saturday afternoon so we went ahead and sanded what we were able to.
I'll have a good bit more sanding to do Monday, with coat 2 soon to follow. After sanding there wasn't much we could do except watch mud dry, so Grandma and I took advantage of 60 degree weather in February and took Nathan for a walk. We should have taken the camera, but we didn't. We happened by the playground at the park and Nathan got his first crack at it. He liked the jungle gym and the slides, but his favorite thing was the swing. He LOVED the swings. He cried when we took him out to go home. We'll take the camera next time.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Looks awesome! Did you end up deciding to texture the walls or leave them flat?

Livi said...

Flat if all the mudding goes good. B/c of being sick I haven't gotten to do anything on the bathroom. Maybe soon though. Well Nathan's in my lap as I write & saying 'up up' which means he's done sitting.