Sunday, March 1, 2009

Well, it's Level-er

With painting complete, we moved on to flooring this week. You may remember the severe out-of-level problem we have in this room. So, before any tile can go down, we had to make an attempt to at least minimize the problem. Step 1, find this thing called "level" and rip some 2x4's to the appropriate thicknesses to produce it... or something close to it.
Step 2, fill the thickest areas with OSB.
Step 3, throw in a couple bags of thinset and strike it off as smoothly as possible.
Step 4, start screwing the cement board down as quickly as possible to hide the ugly attempt at leveling. Step 4 is almost half done now. Although I'm sure it's not fully level, I think we got it good enough for the tile to start this week. Thanks to Uncle Logan for being my cement mixer this week.

This morning, I put Nathan down for his morning nap. It soon became apparent over the monitor that he was in no mood for napping. He wasn't crying or anything, but he sure wasn't sleeping. So, we decided to go ahead and let him out since he clearly wasn't going to go down. Here's what I found when I went in to get him...
Yes, apparently dumb daddy had left the kleenex box too close to the crib for a child with "Dudley arms". He emptied the entire box, not one was left. The more I look at his pictures, the more confused I get. I'm mostly English and French. Liv is some sort of German/Injun. But I swear this kid is a Swede... He's definitely some sort of Bavarian ham or Swedish meatball. Anyway, I leave you with a short video of my boy dancing with a lampshade. Don't ask.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Oh Nathan, my little repository of recessive genes! You handsome devil!

Livi said...

He was actually dancing b/f we got the camera out. It's one of those times where you'd just have to be there yourself.