Sunday, March 15, 2009

Nathan's New Wheels

Every man needs to have a vehicle that matches his personality. We all need wheels that not only get us from A to B, but also make us look good while we do it. This week, I think Nathan found his. He had originally gotten a wagon for his birthday, but we had problems with one of the wheels not wanting to turn. It had hard plastic wheels too, and we were afraid that they wouldn't hold up to the "sidewalks" or heaving chunks of concrete here in New Berlin. So we took it back and exchanged it for a different one this week.
That's right, he's now the proud owner of a genuine Ertl John Deere wagon complete with pneumatic monster truck tires!
He was right in the middle of everything the whole time Uncle Logan and I were trying to put it together.
He absolutely loves this thing. Grandma took him on his maiden voyage in it Saturday, but I got to go cruising with him this afternoon.
What a cool dude. When I wasn't assembling wagons this week, I was assembling the floor in the bathroom. With lots of help from Logan and Grandpa, I managed to get it all stuck down...

I was fairly happy with the results. If you just look at the whole room it looks pretty good, but I know where the problem spots are so I see those. There are some spots where I've got small lips from one tile to the next and a couple of grout lines are a little messed up, but for my first job it's not bad. I spent a couple hours Saturday cleaning out the spaces so we can grout this week. While doing so I found a couple loose tiles. A few squirts of locktite powergrab heavy duty and problem solved. I love that stuff. So the plan for this week is grouting and fixtures. Mark my word, I WILL have a working toilet in there by this time next week!

I leave you with me sneaking up behind Nathan's high chair at dinner...

No comments: