Monday, May 26, 2008

More Birthday Fun

In addition to the BBQ yesterday (which was great, thanks to everyone involved!), Olivia also got me another birthday treat. She hired Grandma Dudley to watch the boy for a few hours and took me to see Iron Man.
Being a fan of comic books, I really wanted to see this movie since I heard it was coming out. After seeing it, I was left with only three words... FAN FREAKIN TASTIC!!! If you like super hero movies, you will LOVE this movie. Even if you're not a huge fan of comic book movies, I think this movie could still be enjoyable to you. There's a lot of humor and the special effects are seamless. When I first heard that Robert Downey Jr was playing Tony Stark, I was a bit sceptical. Thankfully, I was very impressed with the results. There was a lot of character buildup to the movie, with much foreshadowing about a sequel (if you know enough about comics to spot it). Even with the emphasis on the plot and characters, there was still enough action and explosions to keep me satisfied. Another big plus was that the basic story stayed true to the comics. When I rate a movie I try to think of things that I would have done differently. I can honestly say that there's really nothing I would have changed here. It's safe to call this a must see for any fan of action movies. One last thing, make sure you stay until the end of ALL the credits for a special treat.

No comments: