Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week 2 Recap

After 2 weeks of bathroom remodel #2, we're in pretty good shape. Dad spent a lot of time over here this week helping out. We have the plumbing completely done and leak tested. The only leak we found was a small drip under the shower drain. This should be easily fixed later on, but I decided to leave it for now as we had to concentrate on drywall. Dad and I managed to get the whole room hung in probably 5 or 6 hours. I also managed to have the exact number of sheets I needed. Afterwords, I finished the first coat of mud. I would have done another, but it wouldn't dry quick enough. Aunt Shauna is visiting this weekend, so she might take a crack at the second coat Monday. Here's what it looks like now...



On the downside, we found out that our washing machine is probably toast. When we moved it out of the bathroom there was a huge oil slick under it. Dad looked into it and said it didn't look good. So, we may have to find a cheap washer to stick back in there. We'll use it for like 2 months and then sell the place. Ugh. Oh well. At the pace we're going, I think we can have the drywall and paint done this coming week and be looking at putting in the drop ceiling by next Saturday.

No comments: