Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Walls Don't Have Ears, but They Might Have Something Else

After 2 days of working on the bathroom, we've come a respectable distance already. Grandpa and Uncle Logan helped last night. We were able to sweat the new valves into the plumbing and begin demolition. Today I worked on the demo more myself and now we're about 99% done with it. I'm pleased with progress so far. It looks like we will have to do more framing than I first anticipated. There's not a wall in the room that doesn't need some sort of tweak. I'm no carpenter, but the bozos that did this room must have drunk while building it. Anyway, I'm still hopeful to be ready for drywall by early next week.

During the process of tearing out the old walls today, I found this on the floor and was a bit disturbed...

This project is paying dividends already! I can't say for sure where it came from but it had to either come out of one of the walls, from behind the washing machine, or from Logan's pocket last night. Judging by the packaging, I'm guessing this is 1970's vintage at least. I need to go on the antiques roadshow and see what I can get for it!

One last pic for your viewing pleasure. Grandma and Liv gave the boy a haircut last night.

What a handsome little dude. If you put a little suit and tie on him he'd look just like some lounge singer on a record cover. Aunt Shauna, the ball is in your court now (wink).

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Cuan-DOOOOO! (I'm totally going to start calling him Merf).

Ever notice that Grandpa Painter looks like Steve Cropper?