Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our First Construction Owie

Logan and Megan came over tonight to help with the bathroom a little. The first project was to get all the bricks out of there and make some room to work. We devised a good system where Megan loaded a few bricks up in a 5 gallon bucket and handed them out the window to me, standing on my truck boxes. I would then pass them down to Logan on the ground where he would stack them. Well, after about the 3rd bucket, my crappy window decided to fall. It smashed Megan's ring finger pretty good then broke in half and fell on my arm and neck. Amazingly enough, no blood was shed and the only injury was Megan's finger. Can you tell which one it was? So Megan was done with brick duty, but she didn't let a little sore finger stop her from helping with other stuff later. She's pretty tough. Anyway, Grandpa showed up about this time and was able to help me and Log get the bricks down in 10 or 15 minutes. I was REALLY glad to get that little job done. After that, dad looked over some of the electrical work that needs to happen. Meanwhile, Megan cleaned all the dust, insulation, nails, and other miscellaneous crap up off the floor. Logan and I cut out and installed the sheeting for over the stairway. Here's the before shot... And here's what it looked like after... It looks so much better to just get things cleaned up a little. I went ahead and pulled up some floorboards that were broken and/or insufficiently supported. Incredibly enough, there were only these three spots that need to be replaced. Tomorrow's project will be to rip down some OSB to fill in the floor gaps. After that, I'm not sure. I'll have to think about it some more tomorrow. Thanks to all the fam for coming over to help tonight and thanks to Liv for feeding us all a smashing spaghetti dinner afterwards!

No comments: