Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mikey Likes It! Um, Not So Much.

Over the past few weeks, Nathan has been becoming increasingly difficult at feeding time. We're not sure if he's sick of the menu or has acid reflux or what. He's also began waking up more and more during the night, driving his mother crazy. We were wondering if his feeding troubles were making him hungry at night and causing him to wake up more. So, we decided to try a little experiment the other night. We thought we'd give him a little baby cereal and see if we can possibly fill him up a bit more with something a little harder to digest. Here's the results...


His face in the second picture is probably the most accurate representation of his feelings on the matter. He was not a huge fan of it. I told Liv to dump a little maple syrup in there and his thoughts on the matter might change. She would have none of that nonsense. Grandma Dudley came over last night and here's a video of her and Liv trying to force feed the child.

The jury is still out on how effective this is going to be. I'm not sure how much he actually swallows and we need to observe his sleeping habits for a spell before we can decide if this is helping any.

On a happier note, Liv and Aunt Rachel went shopping for the lad last week. They got him some swimming trunks for the pool this summer. I guess you can slip them over a normal diaper and not have to buy those expensive swimming diapers. Anyway, today Liv went back and got the matching sun hat so we don't burn the boy's pasty white coconut. The picture I took of him modeling his new hat is absolutely priceless...

3 comments:

Livi said...

Well, 1st feeding certainly wasn't to his liking. I needed to thicken up the cereal a bit. It helped tonight but I don't think he's too sure of it yet. Hopefully he'll come to like it more soon.

Shauna said...

I think maybe he's holding out for a cheeseburger...

Livi said...

I think the boy is catching on to the cereal eating a bit more especially since his grandma told me he may like it a bit thicker. I wasn't around many babies who were spoon fed under 9 months so it's a bit new. Hopefully it will continue to get better & maybe he won't have any more lack of weight gain, although I have to say that last picture of him in his sun hat he looks healthy. Somehow the way I was holding him seems to have sucked all his baby fat up to his shoulders & face. I hardly recognize him there.