Sunday, March 23, 2008

The Easter Circus

What a weekend! I feel like I need to go back to work to unwind. Saturday morning it was off to Grandma Dudley's for Easter Eve brunch, I guess you'd call it. There were 20 or so Dudley's there, so it made mom's house feel a lot smaller. Olivia took the opportunity to get a shot of 4 generations of Dudley men...
It was a pretty good time. Mom made enough food to feed a family of... well... Dudley's. Aunt Rachel brought her new little critter with her too. Clair wasn't entirely sure what to think of it.
I'm pretty sure it's not a rat. So, after a long day at Grandma's, we went home and got to bed early in preparation for an even longer day on Sunday. Dad and I had to get up super early and be at church by 6:30 for a full morning of Easter services. Afterwards, Liv and I loaded up Nate and headed over to Aunt Pat's for Easter with her side of the family. It's amazing the difference in family times between both families just from the age differences involved. The Dudley clan is a bit calmer just because we've all grown up and most of us aren't a bunch a screaming yard apes anymore (except perhaps Logan). The Adamski side is a bit younger and the kids there are still in the "limitless energy" phase. I imagine the Dudley family will be swinging back that direction as Nathan and Kellen start to get older and others are added to the list of Great-Grandkids. Anyway, after another large and tasty meal at Pat's it was time to relax and hang out a while. Nathan was passed around to everyone 3 or 4 times I think. I'm not entirely sure why he made such a nasty face at Kelly.
Great Grandma and Grandpa Adamski had a few minutes with the rascal too.
Even the little Schmoo got to entertain the boy for a while.
Yes, that's my not-quite-3-month-old next to a 6 year old. What a moose. While all the baby juggling was going on I got a chance to have some quality time with Will. I tried teaching him some bad habits, but he was too busy eating a bear to notice.
So now it's about 8 on Sunday night and I feel like I could fall asleep on my desk. The boy hardly slept all day with all the commotion and now he's crashed on the couch. I imagine he'll be wide awake by 3:30 tomorrow morning. Oy.

5 comments:

Shannon Leigh Anderson said...

So happy Matt and I got to meet baby Nathan. He is just as wonderful as I thought he would be!:)

Livi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Livi said...

After a completely sleepless Friday night Easter weekend seemed like a monster but we all managed. Nathan sure had enough stimulation, so much so that Saturday & Sunday nights he slept longer than ever w/o waking 8-81/2 hours. When he woke Monday ( more like I woke him) nothing & nobody could get him his food fast enough. I guess he was thinking of that when he wen to sleep Monday night b/c he woke every couple hours.
Oh, the joys of motherhood. He's pretty good most the time but all you mothers & fathers know how easily a baby's internal schedule can get mixed up.
I loved getting the picture of the four generations of Dudley men.
Pretty cool.

Livi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Livi said...

Oops! Deleted comments were just copies.