Thursday, December 13, 2007

Nathan the Giant

So I took Olivia to the baby Dr. today and get this... doc thinks we're going to have a long baby. Imagine that! She based her conclusion on how low his head was riding and the fact that his bony butt is practically suffocating Olivia since it's so far up under her ribs. I'm officially starting a pool to guess the arrival and size of the Teeny Little Super Guy. My guess is 7lb 12oz, 23" long, on January 2nd at 3:30 in the morning during an ice storm. I'm basing my time of arrival guess on the fact that he's been such a problem child so far. Why would he change now? I can't wait until he gets here so I can spank him for being so mean to his mother for the last 9 months. Just kidding. Feel free to respond to this post with your bets on his size and arrival date. You don't need to be as specific as I was. Just weight, length, and date will be sufficient. The winner's prize will be the shriveled up piece of umbilical cord that falls off his belly button after a couple weeks. :) Here's our most recent picture of Nathan...
The doctor said that things are starting to move along with Liv, so we are definitely in the home stretch now. We are both way past being ready to get this over with. Then I can get elbow deep in the endless parade of poopy diapers. T-minus 3 weeks and counting.

10 comments:

Shauna said...

My prediction: 22 inches, 7 lbs 6 oz, shoulders that could choke an ox. Bald, red, wrinkly. The pandemonium at Grandma's Christmas Extravaganza will trigger labor, and he'll grace us with his presence on the 26th at 11 pm, and yes, probably during an ice storm. Oh, and you can keep the prize. Ew.

dudley87 said...

I'll throw in a lot. He'll be 21.1 inches and 7 lbs 6.1 oz. By "Price is Right" rules, I've negated Shauna's respone. HA! Victory is mine! As to the circumstances of his arrival, I think Wyatt will become uncomfortable with the stiffling heat of the womb on Dec 23 while Brandon is busy running lights for a packed church service. His reach for the pre-natal thermostat will innitiate labor, and the service will continue in awkward house lighting. Thus the continuance of our line.

Onebigdud said...

Mom and dad responded by e-mail instead of on the blog site, but I thought their comments warranted a spot here with everyone else's. So, here's a copy of the e-mail...

I did not know how to post on the blog but my guess is jan3, Momsbirthday, at 2:00am, will be born eating a taco with hot sauce alreadytalking saying pull my finger. Brandon will be so proud!!!!! The wayOlivia has been in misery, he will be born 3ft. 4 inches and will alreadyhave a basketball scholarship. Delivering the feet will take an extrapush!!!

Mom says.......Jan1, at 12.01am.....7lbs 8oz.....21 1/2 inchs. and willcome out and say high grandma. whats for supper?

dad dud said...

I think i am now registered in as dad dud. we'll see how it goes. I just today got registered on Shauna's site also. md

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I say 30 pounds, and 9 inches.

Wait, reverse that.

9 inches, and 30 pounds. There you go.

Shauna said...

Why have we all assumed Nate will take after his pop, with regard to stature, appetite and flatulence? (All of us except Tom, who apparently thinks Liv is toting around a lead sphere in her belly). Isn't it also possible that he could pop out resembling Olivia, with luxurious blonde hair and a knack for patching drywall??? C'MON, people!

Livi said...

Grandpa Painter predicts: Jan 7th, 8#3oz, & 23" long. Nathan's mom
sure isn't happy w/ the date prediction but he said it's what
came to him. Mick sure loved what
prize Brandon put out for the winner.

Mike said...

Since his daddy is so tall; i am going to say four foot two, and 110 pounds
.......Goodluck Olivia

Unknown said...

Well, I'm hoping for 7 lbs, 7 oz and 19 in long. What can I say, I hope the altitude difference between Nathan and Landon is less than the one between Brandon and me. But I guess I should look on the up side; we will still get some hand-me-downs from Nathan. When he grows out of his clothes Landon will be about ready to wear that size! I guess being short does have its advantages. As for the date, I’m gunning for 12/31/07 at 3:15pm. I have analyzed the possible combinations and feel this is the best. Here are my reasons listed from most important to least important; 1) this will give Brandon a very nice tax deduction (3250.00 to be exact), 2) this will allow Nathan to develop as much as he can and still allow Brandon to get a very nice tax break and 3) most people are not yet intoxicated and driving in the morning on New Year’s eve allowing travel to the hospital safer, not to mention delivering on New Year’s eve will give Brandon a very nice tax credit. See I took many things in to consideration.

In all seriousness I pray for you three often and I pray no matter the size or birth date that labor goes easy for Olivia and Nathan is healthy!

Wade B.

Wade and Nicole said...

Well, since the date might already be picked, I will just give my prediction for the baby's weight and length. I'm going to say 7lb. 10 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. I was going to say January 3rd, but I guess we'll see!!! Good Luck!!! =)