Sunday, July 12, 2009

Tile, Grout, and Sweet Corn

We got the floor in the new bathroom pretty much done this week. I laid the starter strips Monday.
Tuesday evening was a supply run and Wednesday was spent cutting and dry fitting tile. Thursday, me and Pop stuck the tile down. Then on Saturday he and Nana and I grouted everything. I think it turned out pretty good.
We also got the cabinet hung over the washer and dryer.

We're on track to have the washer, dryer, and toilet operational by Tuesday and we should be completely done with the whole project by week's end. Hopefully.

Nathan was in rare form again this week, prompting some impromptu photo shoots. Here he is "experiencing" his applesauce.

Later in the week, he tried to steal the car.
Relax, he only had the house keys. It's a good thing too. He looked like he had had a few too many to be driving...Friday I put the lad to work. He had to help me pick up all the tile spacers in the bathroom.
He did a great job and the best part was that I didn't even have to pay him! The highlight of the week had to be tonight, though. We went to Nana and Pop's for dinner and Nate got his first taste of sweet corn.
He mostly liked sucking the butter off of it, but I think he got a few good bites in too.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I don't see any missed kernels. He's already more proficient than you.

Good to see his home improvement education is progressing. We had a good long discussion about proper mud application technique last week. Over the baby gate, of course.

Livi said...

I was very proud of myself for letting Nathan alone w/ the applesauce. He really does enjoy feeding himself, I just have to let go & let him make the mess. It was good timing b/c I was able to make dinner w/o him clinging all over me.
He is such a good helper even though he's just barely one & a half. He helps throw garbage away, he's learning to put toys away, he'll even try to put his books where they go.
Then of course there's the car, he really wanted to help me & drive! Yea, dad's gonna have to deal w/ all that when Nathan's old enough, I don't think my nerves could take it.

Onebigdud said...

Actually, Nana was responsible for the first row of removal on that ear of corn. But you're right, he probably does do a better job with it than me already.

Shauna said...

Mmmmm...Nana spit...