Sunday, January 18, 2009

Progress..... Finally

When last I left you, I was waiting on the power company to FINALLY show up and switch the power over to our new service. This was the last big hurdle keeping me from continuing with the bathroom project. Logan and dad came and helped me with it Tuesday. We finally got started mid-morning. There were a few hiccups and near misses along the way, but long story short we were totally switched over and running on the new service by 6pm. Amongst other things, we turned this...
into this...
I know it doesn't look like an improvement, but it is. My thanks to Vanna in the first pic. With everything switched over and the old wires removed, I was finally able to gut the rest of the old bathroom.
Knocking down the soffit that was over the old bathtub really opened things up quite a bit.
By Friday, we were able to continue framing things up.
Then Uncle Logan and I had a marathon day yesterday and we were able to complete the framing, plumbing vents, and 99% of the electrical. And there was light...
So it was a big week for us with hopefully another one coming this week. We need to finish a little plumbing, install the tub and finish the rest of the insulation before we'll be ready for drywall. I'm hoping to have all that done by Tuesday and be hanging drywall on Wednesday or Thursday.

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Looks awesome! I like how you ended up handling the ceiling angle that'll be above the sink. It'll be tedious to mud, but it'll look sharp.

Hope things progressed well today. Wish we could be there to help...sigh.