Saturday, July 12, 2008

Where Do I Start?

Wow, it's been almost 10 days since my last post and I don't know where to start. It's been a busy week. When I last posted, we were preparing to go up to Iowa to see Nate's Aunt Shauna and Uncle Tom. We were traveling up there with Grandma and Grandpa Dudley, so we stayed at their house Thursday night to get an early start Friday morning. Grandma took the opportunity to let the boy try out the jumper she bought him.

Friday morning we were out the door by 7, which was a huge accomplishment for the boy. We weren't sure how good of a traveler he would be, but we managed the 4 hour trip without having to stop for him. He was a little cranky during the last 30 minutes or so, but Grandma was entertaining enough for him to keep from screaming.

While at Shauna's we played a bunch of games, ate some good food, and helped them tear half of the deck off their house. We all had a good time and the boy was a constant source of entertainment. We were so busy having fun, that we didn't even get the camera out all weekend. I think Tom got a few pics with his phone, though. One afternoon we went to the local malt shop to eat. Grandpa gave the boy his first taste of french fries. Really Nate just sucked the salt off of them, but he enjoyed it all the same. Later I convinced Liv to let him try a taste of our chocolate malt. He LOVED it and demanded more. Later she said he wouldn't nurse because it wasn't chocolate.

We headed home Sunday and back to work Monday. Nate's 6 month pictures came in Wednesday, so I picked those up on my way home from work. They turned out pretty good.

We were really happy with them.

A couple days ago, the boy started to finally appreciate the game of peek-a-boo. I got a video of him cackling at his mother. The picture isn't very good, but his screechy laugh is priceless...

I got some pretty good stills of him too while this whole episode was going on.
Late last week we went to the pool and while there Olivia gave Nate a couple sips of root beer. He now recognizes the can and requests a sip whenever we have one.

1 comment:

Livi said...

I think he liked how the cold can felt on his gums now that I realize his teeth were finally poking through. I knew it had to happen somtime b/c he had been showing all the signs.